what is this?

Author Message

PostPosted: January 11, 2013 9:59 AM 

A sort of circle on the rock near the midle of the photo!


Posts: xxx

Reply: 1

PostPosted: January 11, 2013 8:24 PM 

Dude it's letter G !!!! Shocked Very Happy


Posts: 303

Reply: 2

PostPosted: January 11, 2013 10:28 PM 

On Earth, a letter G on a rock would be called a tube worm fossil.



Dana Johnson

Posts: xxx

Reply: 3

PostPosted: January 16, 2013 11:57 PM 

A new MRO/HiRISE view of the Curiosity rover traverse tracks in thr entirity.
Well defined rings of the descent into the low elevation brighter area where these images are taken by the rover cameras as they discover the small details.

Is this a liquid formation zone, or is the record too complex for a simple history explanation?

The index page with a altered closeup view.


A view of the original with less defined unaltered tracks. A great view of the rover at Jan 2, 2013. Rover at far right side.

Will we find similar items as the rover traverse is reversed towards the West and beyond the brighter low elevation pit?

Can the complex history be seen by tests with the laser in context of these smaller details?

Join the conversation:

Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised
Shocked Confused Cool Laughing
Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very Sad
Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink
Powered by MTSmileys